Monday, August 8, 2011

The Bible

When I did a google search for how many words are in the bible, the result that I first found was, "773,696 words in the King James Bible".

I was thinking this morning of the layers upon layers of historical information, life instruction, inspiration and revelation that I find when I read the bible. Then, I pondered how no other book of the same size, could even come close to the depth of content. I may read a given passage dozens of times and each time something new pops out. I can get different meaning as I focus on the specific words that were used or the numbers and their individual significance, (ie. a 7 always referring to completion.) I may find life applications one week that are different life applications from a different week. Could any book of any of our other favorite subjects do the same?

Anywho, just a pondering thought that I wanted to share this morning. I hope that we make time to explore this amazing book, the bible, which has the most incredible author of it all.

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

or

2 Timothy 3:16 (NASB)
16 (A)All Scripture is [a]inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for [b]training in righteousness;

Have a blessed day!

No comments: