Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beauty In Waiting

by 


As winter comes to an end, I think about the bulbs we put into the earth months ago. Holes dug, bulbs lovingly placed, covered with soil. Put to rest until spring. If we plant them at any other time, they would not grow. There would be no blooms.  They need all that time in the ground, in the dark. Resting. Waiting.
But only for a time.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens… Ecclesiastes 3:1
At times I feel that twinge of impatience about something, but I try to remember there is a time for everything.Practice patience.
Sometimes I begin to feel overwhelmed, but I remind myself that this is just a busy time, a busy season. It will pass.
At times I focus on concerns about this and that. Questioning and wondering, but I remind myself I do not need to worry. He knows.

Soon there will be blooms. The time will come for these little bulbs to burst out of the soil and shine. God reminds me that there is a time for everythingThis is His answer to my concerns and impatience and questioning.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
There is beauty in the waiting. Like those bulbs waiting patiently until it is their time to shine. He is working in me… in ways I can not see or fully understand. In the quiet and dark times, things are happening. Growing is happening. Changes are happening. Even if we do not see them.
In time, at the right time, in His time, we will see. This gives me comfort and so much hope! I do not have to see to know. I do not have to seek immediate gratification because things are coming.
In His time for me, I will see.
 
He has a time for us. Perfect timing. We just need to wait and trust. He will bring us what is best for us in its time. With this hope, I have no reason to hurry. I can take time for the life moments that are all important. The little moments that can be rushed by all too easily. With this hope, I understand. Whether it be a season of waiting or a season of blooming, He makes it all beautiful.
I feel I am in a season of waiting and that is ok. I trust there is a reason. Do you find yourself in a time of waiting or time of blooming? With His help, are you finding the patience in your season?
By Jennifer, StudioJRU 

No comments: